Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Burning off the Energy

I had a great time presenting to a nice group of parents, educators and child care providers last night in Alexandria, Minnesota for Week of the Young Child. I wanted to let you know that I will have videotape of the presentation up soon on YouTube for anyone who is interested. Just send me an email, express@bctelco.net, and I'll forward the link when it's ready.

Also, on the question of helping feisty kids burn off energy, I would like to refer you to the Brain Gym site at www.braingym.com. Some of the Alex educators just had some training on this and mentioned it to me. Sounds cool! This group has been around for a while but is seeing new interest due to the needs of feisty kids and other focus issues in the classroom. I plan to interview an instructor about this soon and publish her thoughts in a future post.

Another question was about books that adults can read to deal with stress reactions and anger. I'm going to do some research on that and recommend some books, websites and other resources. My upcoming parenting book will also include some of this information; if you would like a sneak peek or know anyone who would like to review it who works in early childhood, let me know!! I'd love feedback!

As part of future posts, I am interviewing other experts related to parenting and patience, so watch for that!

Thanks again for your support, and remember the three magic words of patience: Empathy, Mindfulness and Self-Leadership...

It's not all about me.
This moment is all I have
How can I make a difference?

No comments: