Sunday, February 18, 2007

Patient Parent Top Picks

Each month, my blog will post some interesting resources that I've discovered in the area of patient parenting, inspiration, and personal success. Here are my recommendations for February:

Brain, Child Magazine
This magazine is full of new research and ideas on promoting your child's physical and intellectual development. Mothers debate current events as they apply to their own experiences and submit their favorite songs with new lyrics. It's fun and insightful. You can get four issues for $19.95 by going to www.brainchildmag.com or calling (888) 304-6667.

"This Year, I Will..."
A book about breaking habits and keeping resolutions. M.J. Ryan, author of "The Power of Patience" and "The Happiness Makeover" offers a book with stories and wisdom on creating new positive habits and moving toward a more fulfilling and healthy life. I found some great "instant gratification" ideas in this book without a lot of reading. I learned that I am doing some good things already, like creating focus by naming the year. See page 73. I also have to recommend "This Year I Will..." because one of my stories is in it. Check out my "Old Yeller" story on page 58. You can find out if you're really ready to make a change by taking M.J. Ryan's quiz at www.mj-ryan.com

www.i-love-stickers.com
Need a break? Let the kids go nuts with sticker books. This site is the best for birthday gift ideas or to give your children something to look forward to in the mail. For only $10 you can join a Preschooler sticker of the month club and get monthly mailings of hundreds of stickers with familiar characters, birthday stickers and holiday stickers. It's really fun to see what will show up next. They also have sticker packs for teachers, just girls, just boys, teens and scrapbooking. The customer service is really great, too. Just go to www.i-love-stickers.com and check it out.

If you have other parenting resources to share, post a comment or email me at express@bctelco.net.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Thanks for posting such fun ideas on your website. My son loves stickers, so maybe that will be the key to his behavior issues! I have had the opportunity to meet another local child care provider, Rita Boeckmann, through several of her classes. She actually has a side profession that seems to be taking wings. It's called Victorious Parenting and Coaching Solutions. Her website is www.parentism.com. Some of the other fun websites that I like to frequent are www.dltk-kids.com, www.kidsdomain.com, www.thebestkidsbooksite.com, and www.kidprintables.com. All of them are loaded with free printables from incentive charts, cards, invitations, awards, bookmarks, bingo, etc. I have used them not only for my daycare children but my own children as well. Thanks again for creating this website. I often feel so isolated providing in-home daycare, that I forget that I'm not the only one dealing with parenting issues. You're words of wisdom are encouraging!